Introduction To WINSC – 1998 Onwards
The Women’s Industry Network (WIN) was formed in 1996 by a group of women fishing in South Australia. In 1998 The Women’s Industry Network Seafood Community (WINSC) developed into a National body with organisations in each state.
WINSC is the only national organisation in Australia representing women in the Seafood Industry. It is a unique network covering the tough, high-tech world of commercial fishing, the cutting edge aquaculture, research and processing sectors and policy and resource management.
The objectives of WINSC are:
- Recognise and enhance the skills of seafood women.
- Develop effective partnerships with government agencies and other industry stakeholders.
- Take a professional approach to all activities and relationships with other stakeholders.
- Create a supportive environment to ensure women of the fishing industry reach their potential.
- Actively encourage the involvement of seafood women.
- Provide community education on all aspects of the seafood industry.
Wherever they work, WINSC builds the capacity of its seafood women to contribute to their industry.