The 4th Australian Seafood Industry Awards were held at Wrest Point Casino on Thursday 1st November 2007.
Many attendees arrived by boat, after enjoying a cruise of the Derwent River.
They feasted on delicious Tasmanian seafood, including both wild caught and aquaculture abalone, southern rock lobster, scallops, oysters, mussels, salmon and blue eye tevella.
They also enjoyed local wine and beer.
The Award winners were:
- Environment – Austral Fisheries
- Seafood Industry Producer – Abascus Fisheries
- Seafood Industry Promotion – Sydney Fish Market
- Research & Development – Seafood Secrets
- Seafood Industry Training – Seafood Directions
- Seafood Restaurant – Café del Giorno
- Seafood Icon – Col Dyke
The highlights of the night for me included hearing who the Award winners were, even though none of the NT finalists won, the fabulous Tasmanian seafood, the wonderful seafood themed decorations, the cruise on the Derwent and, of course, great networking opportunities.