International Women’s Day 2017
I have the privilege of working in the training sector of the fishing industry at the Australian Maritime and Fisheries Academy.
We are responsible for delivering training to both the Fishing and Maritime Industries predominately in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
Time in seafood industry – 16 years
- Marketing Manager at AMFA
- Completed the National Seafood Industry Leadership Program in 2010
- Responsible for creating and managing both Website and Facebook page for AMFA
- Winner at the 2013 Seafood Awards for Promotion of the Industry
- Responsible for our Pathway Program which assists school students to fast track their maritime career while still attending school. Approximately 24 students per year in South Australia.
- Managing the Fisheries Compliance Program for over ten years
What I love about my seafood industry – I love the passion in and around the Industry. I am constantly amazed at the unwavering dedication that is the Seafood Industry. I love the fact that even when you are in your 80’s you can still make a valued contribution.
Most interesting moment– Meeting and sharing lunch with the Hon Julie Bishop MP.
Thoughts about my industry- I wish that the general public had a better perception of the commercial fishing industry and its hard working staunch men and women who make a valued contribution to not only our economy but to the health of our waterways and our people through eating their delicious produce.