Executive Officer, Professional Fishermen’s Association
I have worked in Fisheries related positions for over 19 years in a variety of roles, including:
- fisheries management (Fisheries Manager, NT Fisheries)
- strategic policy development (Access Officer, Queensland Premiers and Fisheries Manager, NT Fisheries)
- fisheries development (manager within the Recreational Fishing Unit, NT Fisheries)
- fisheries communication (A/manager within Communications Unit, QFS)
- project officer for the Queensland Seafood Industry Association
- project officer for the Queensland Commercial Fishing Industry Association
- fisheries research (mud crab research for University of Queensland)
- representation of the commercial fishing industry through both the Professional Fishermen’s Association and the Queensland Commercial Fishermen’s Organisation (now the QLD Seafood Industry Association)
These roles have been in NSW, Queensland, and the Northern Territory with study tours of overseas fisheries sector management in places such as Africa and New Zealand.
As the Executive Officer of the Professional Fisheries Association (PFA), it is my role to represent the interests of over 250 commercial fishers who are based throughout NSW from Tweed Heads to Eden.
I sit on a number of boards and advisory committees– including the AMSA’s Fishing Industry Advisory Committee, the Australian Council of Prawn Fisheries; NSW Seafood Industry Council, NSW Research Advisory Committee; and the NSW North Coast Local Land Services – Advisory Group and Natural Disaster Committee.