Whether it is kept on the kitchen shelf, in the glove box or on the coffee table, the 450-page NSW regional produce companion is one book that is bound to always be on hand.
Have the Guide delivered to your doorstep! Simply select your location below, to purchase your copy securely via PayPal, the price includes GST.
Comprehensive, thoroughly researched, beautifully designed, and with stunning commissioned photography and illustrations, this is an original, authentic and useful book – a must have for anyone interested in regional produce, sustainable farming or transparency in the food system.
The guide is much anticipated after a 18-month research and development process which involved NSW top chefs, key producers and leading industry organisations. The book is a platform to allow people to deal directly with committed food artisans who are at times hard to find. Written for chefs, restaurateurs, cooks, locally minded consumers and serious culinary tourists, this book is thoroughly researched, independently written (featured businesses do not pay for inclusion) and openly celebrates quality, authenticity and provenance. The book is independently produced; no one pays to be featured and therefore is broadly representative of the best growers and producers selected on their merits – quality, sustainability and provenance.
The NSW Field Guide enables anyone to explore the multitude (400+) of small family farms, artisan producers and providers across the length and breadth of the state. The intention is to create an inspirational and practical book that empowers consumers to uncover wonderful people out on the land, great produce and high-quality ingredients.
- Artisan Selection featuring the best of the best across produce categories
- Interviews with 20+ leading NSW chefs & producers identifying key regional strengths, food issues and recommended producers
- 10 food trail guides featuring locals selections and Editor’s picks with illustrated maps
- Clear labeling of sustainable farming certifications and sourcing details
- Tagging of farm gates, farm stay & pick your own experiences
- Extensive regional produce directory includes profiles, back-story and sourcing details for 159 growers, 157 producers and 80 providers.